- Deadline for submission: December 13th 2023
- Finalist Announcement: December 27th 2023
- Final Round: January 26-28th 2024
- The competition is open to all ages and all nationalities.
- Competitors are allowed to apply for more than one instrument.
- The TIJC Competition is opened only for instruments capable of creating melody (i.e. Instruments with musical pitches).
- 500 Thai Baht per instrument
**no refunds in all cases
Send a link of an uploaded audio file (MP3, WMA, or Wave File) from YouTube, Google drive, or the similar resources.
Send a copy of your ID card.
Your photo 4×6 inches with at least 300 dpi.
Proof of the money transfer.
How to pay:
A non-refundable application fee (not include money transfer). Payment should be made by bank transfer to the following bank account:
Bank Name : Siam Commercial Bank Public Company Limited (SCB)
Bank Address: 99 M5 Phutthamonthon 4 Rd., Salaya, Phutthamonthon,
Nakhon Pathom 73170 THAILAND.
Tel : +66-2544-1000
Bank Branch: Mahidol University Branch
Account Name: COLLEGE OF MUSIC
Account No: 333-210-8221
**The Applicant must be responsible for any fees of money transferring (Outward Remittance).
How to upload your work:
4. AUDITION / PERFORMANCE PROCEDURES: The competition consists of two rounds.
Pre-recorded Audition Round
- Competitors must submit a live recording of his / her performance of two jazz songs – one swing and one non-swing (ballad, latin…). Recordings should be in one of these digital audio formats ( MP3, WMA, or Wave File are acceptable) with good sound quality. Video recordings are not accepted.
- The recording must be submitted by fill in a link of an uploaded audio file (MP3, WMA, or Wave File) from YouTube, Google drive, or the similar resources into a Google form.
- Each song submitted for Audition must at least consist of: Head in, Solo, and Head out.
- Total length of the sound recordings must be no longer than 15 minutes. Recordings of each song must be of the complete live performance and not edited in any way.
- Recorded songs must be accompanied by at least one instrument.
- Applicant must attest that the submitted sound recording is of the applicant's performance and that the songs have not been edited in any way.
- Submission of a recording of any other player or an edited recording will result in immediate disqualification.
- In the final round, each competitor is required to perform one song. The performed song will be randomly drawn on stage before the song performance.
Best Soloist – Certificate and 40,000 Thai Baht.
All finalists will receive a certificate, adjudicator comments and a recording of his / her performance.
2 Runners-up: 5,000 Thai Baht each with certificate, adjudicator comments and a CD recording of his / her performance.