About TIJC Jazz Camp 2019
After the great accomplishment of the launch of the brand new "Thailand International Jazz Conference (TIJC) Jazz Camp 2019" last year, TIJC seeks to continue its success with the upcoming "TIJC Jazz Camp 2019" during Monday 21 to Wednesday 23 January, 2019. With its pleasurable and supportive environment, the TIJC Jazz Camp 2019 will offer all participants great chances to meet, perform with, and learn from the world-class masters, which including trumpetist Alex Sipiagin, double bassist Scott Colley, drummer Ari Hoenig, guitarist David Gilmore, and pianist John Escreet. During the three days, TIJC Jazz Camp programme includes a variety of Jazz topics in various forms, from instrumental masterclass, instrumental techniques, Jazz composition, to some musical experience sharing from our prominent faculties. Moreover, all TIJC Jazz Camp's participants will also be entitled of joining ALL TIJC activities held during Friday 25 January to Sunday 27 January, 2019, which include concerts and workshops by outstanding Jazz artists/educators
Two Schemes those interested in TIJC Jazz Camp can choose to participate in one of the two schemes - Academic Credit (ACr) or standard Non-Credit (NCr) Scheme.
1. Academic Credit Scheme (ACr): The Academic Credit Scheme is an exceptional opportunity for collegiate students seeking to gain academic credits. Upon successful completion of TIJC Jazz Camp: ACr (as explained below), a TIJC Jazz Camp Participation Certificate and an academic transcript showing the credits earned and grade result will be issued to the participants. The credit gained from joining TIJC Jazz Camp can be transferred depending on the related regulations of the participant's home institution. The completion of TIJC Jazz Camp (2 credit hours) in the ACr scheme requires a total of 30 hours of participation in the educational activities during the TIJC week, including:
- 12 hours of joining Jazz workshops/masterclasses during the TIJC Jazz Camp (Monday 21 to Wednesday 23 January, 2019)
- 15 hours of joining Jazz activities held in the Music Auditorium, College of Music, Mahidol University during TIJC Jazz Education Series
(10:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m., Friday 25 January - Sunday 27 January, 2019)
- 3 hours of TIJC Jazz Camp Review Session. Participants must take part in and successfully pass the Review Session. The "Pass" result in the Review Session requires the participants to turn in the review paper and be fully engaged in Review Session discussion, which is to be held at Room 113, College of Music, Mahidol University. Those interested in participating in ACr scheme but not studying at the College of Music, Mahidol University, should consult their regulations and information regarding academic credits to ensure that the credit earned from TIJC Jazz Camp can be transferred to their home university/college.
2. Non-Credit Scheme (NCr): The Non-Credit Scheme is ideal for those seeking to expand their musical ability and not to gain academic credits. Upon successful completion of TIJC Jazz Camp: NCr (as explained below), a TIJC Jazz Camp Participation Certificate will be issued to the participant. The completion of TIJC Jazz Camp in the NCr scheme requires a total of 12 hours of TIJC Jazz workshop activities during the TIJC Jazz Camp (Monday 21 - Wednesday 23, January 2019)
For both schemes, it is required that participants must attend at least 80% of the classes provided. During Jazz Camp Period (Mon - Wed): For All Participants, at least ten (10) hours of participation during Mon - Wed Period is required. Failure to meet this minimum requirement will disqualify the participant from receiving the TIJC Jazz Camp Participation Certificate and, hence, will result in unsuccessful completion of the course (Grade of F) for ACr schemes. During TIJC Education Series Period (Fri - Sun): Only for ACr Scheme, at least twelve (12) hours of participation during Fri - Sun (daytime sessions in Auditorium) Period is required. Failure to meet this minimum requirement will result in unsuccessful completion of the course (Grade of F, for ACr scheme).
Tuition Fees for TIJC Jazz Camp are explained below;
|1. Academic Credit Scheme|
|- MS Student *||4,000||2,000||6,000|
|- Non-MS Student||4,000||3,000||7,000|
|2. Non Credit Scheme|
|- MS Student *||3,000||-||3,000|
|- Non-MS Student||5,000||-||5,000|
Thailand International Jazz Conference 2019 (TIJC Jazz Camp)
Activity Office, College of Music, Mahidol University
25/25 Salaya, Phuttamonthon, Nakornpathom 73170, Thailand
Payment can be made directly at the Activity Office, College of Music, Mahidol University, or via bank transfer to the following account.
Account Name: College of Music
Name of Bank: Siam Commercial Bank PCL Saving
Account No: 333-2-10822-1
Bank Tel.: +662 411 9134-7
Swift Code: SICOTHBK
In case of bank transfer (not include money transfer), please send your pay in slip, copy passport or ID card and application form by fax. +662 800 2530
For participants who are currently not residing in Thailand, the application for TIJC Jazz Camp can be made via email (to Mr. Annawin at email@example.com) and the payment can be made at the TIJC Jazz Camp registration desk on the first day of the Jazz Camp (Jan 23, 2019) before the first lesson starts.