TIJC Performance Series
Well known for bringing in superb-quality jazz music, TIJC will, again, feature the greatest jazz musicians of our time from all over the world.
TIJC Education Series
Following the successful TIJC 2009 - TIJC 2017, it's time to get inspired and get your knowledge tank fulfilled once again!!!
TIJC Solo Competition
TIJC solo competition is a jazz improvisation competition with reliable and comprehensible performance regulations using internationally recognized adjudicators.
TIJC Jazz Camp
Find out all you need to know to progress your Jazz skills far forward in our new TIJC JAZZ CAMP during January 22-24, 2018.
Update: December 1, 2017
Remark* EN = English with Thai Translation
*The program is subject to change without notice*
1. ELIGIBILITY: TIJC Solo Competition is categorized into two divisions.
- Open Division (Type A): The competition is open to all age, all nationality.
- Junior Division (Type B): Competitor must be under 22 years of age with a birth year not before the year 1996. Competitor can be of any nationality.
- Junior Division (Type B) Competitor can also apply for Open Division (Type A).
- Competitor can apply for more than one instrument.
- TIJC Competition is opened only for instruments capable of creating melody (i.e. Instruments with musical pitches).
2. REGISTRATION FEE
- Open Division (Type A): 800 Baht / Instrument
- Junior Division (Type B): 500 Baht / Instrument
- Competitor who applies in two divisions (Type A and Type B) must pay registration fee for both divisions
- All correspondence and application forms should be sent to: Thailand International Jazz Conference 2018 :Solo Competition Activity Office, College of Music, Mahidol University 25/25 Salaya, Phuttamonthon, Nakornpathom 73170 , Thailand
- Payment can be made directly at the Activity Office, College of Music, Mahidol University, or via bank transfer to the following account.
Name Account: College of Music
Name of Bank: Siam Commercial Bank PCL Saving
Account No: 333-2-10822-1
Tel.: +662 411 9134-7
Swift Code: SICOTHBK
- In case of bank transfer, please send your pay in slip by fax. To +662 800 2530
3. AUDITION / PERFORMANCE PROCEDURES: The competition consists of two rounds.
a. Recording Audition Round
- Competitors must submit a live recording of his / her performance of two jazz songs
– one swing and one non swing (ballad or latin). Recordings should be in one of the digital audio format (audio CD, MP3, WMA, and Wave File are acceptable) with good sound quality. Video recordings are not accepted.
- The recording must be submitted in a CD or DVD. Clearly label on the CD / DVD and CD / DVD case with your name / last name, telephone number, and song title. Your submitted CD / DVD will NOT be returned.
- Each song submitted for Audition must at least consist of Head in, Solo, and Head out. Total length of the sound recordings must be no longer than 15 minutes. Recordings of each song must be of the complete live performance and not edited in any way. Recorded songs must be accompanied by at least one instrument.
- Applicant must attest that the submitted sound recording is of the applicant's performance and that the songs have not been edited in any way. Submission of a recording of any other player or an edited recording will result in immediate disqualification.
b. Final Round In the final round, each competitor is required to perform one song. The performed song will be randomly drawn on stage before the song performance.Lists of the songs for each type are as follows;
Open Division (Type A): The competitor will be called to play one of the songs below (by random drawing)
Junior Division (Type B): The competitor will be called to play one of the songs below (by random drawing)
The time limit for each competitor is 10 minutes. This includes stage entrance, song drawing, instrument setup / tuning (if any), song performance (one song) stage exit, and all other activities on stage. Competitor is not allowed to read music while performing.
• Open Division (Type A): Best Soloist - Certification and 100,000 Baht.
• Junior Division (Type B): Best Soloist - Certification and 50,000 Baht.
All finalists will receive certification, adjudicator comment and CD recording of his / her performance in the final round.
5. GENERAL & RULES
a) By entering this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final. The decisions of adjudicators will be final in determining any disputes or disagreements concerning this Competition.
b) TIJC reserves the right to record, film, televise or broadcast the Competition. Rights in any competition performance, recording, films belong to Thailand International Jazz Conference and no fees are payable to contestants on account of these performances or any recording or broadcasts thereof.
c) Entry constitutes permission for TIJC to use (i) the name, likeness, photograph, voice, performance and biographical data of the entrant, if applicable (ii) the entrant's material, including without limitation the performance, musical composition, lyric and/or sound recording contained therein, including the title of the song, and (iii) recording of the performance by entrant, if applicable, at the live concert, in perpetuity, / for purposes of advertising promoting and publicizing the Competition and TIJC's product and services, with our further compensation, approval or notice, unless prohibited by law.
• Open Division (Type A): 1. Claudio Filippini 2. Luca Bulgarelli 3. Lorenzo Tucci
• Junior Division (Type B): 1. Alfredo Rodríguez 2. Munir Hossn 3. Michael Oliveira
MANRAT SRIKARANONDATIJC 2009 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
PRATAK FAISUPAGARNTIJC 2010 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
SARAYOUT SUPANYOTIJC 2011 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
VICHAI EUNGAMPORNTIJC 2012 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
MONGKORN PEEKAEWTIJC 2013 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
METAWAT SAPSANYAKORNTIJC 2014 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
VINAI SOTTHIBANDHUTIJC 2015 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
TANIS SRIGLINDEETIJC 2016 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
OSOTH PRAYOONVEJTIJC 2017 LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
After the great accomplishment of the launch of the brand new "Thailand International Jazz Conference (TIJC) Jazz Camp 2017" last year, TIJC seeks to continue its success with the upcoming "TIJC Jazz Camp 2018" during Monday 22 to Wednesday 24 January, 2018. With its pleasurable and supportive environment, the TIJC Jazz Camp 2018 will offer all participants great chances to meet, perform with, and learn from the world-class masters, which include Saxophonist Will Vinson, Double bassist Orlando le Fleming, Drummer Henry Cole, Guitarist Mike Moreno , Pianist Kevin Hays.During the three days, TIJC Jazz Camp programme includes a variety of Jazz topics in various forms, from instrumental masterclass, instrumental techniques, Jazz composition, to some musical experience sharing from our prominent faculties. Moreover, all TIJC Jazz Camp's participants will also be entitled of joining ALL TIJC activities held during Friday 26 January to Sunday 28 January, 2018, which include concerts and workshops by outstanding Jazz artists/educators
Two Schemes those interested in TIJC Jazz Camp can choose to participate in one of the two schemes - Academic Credit (ACr) or standard Non-Credit (NCr) Scheme.
1. Academic Credit Scheme (ACr): The Academic Credit Scheme is an exceptional opportunity for collegiate students seeking to gain academic credits. Upon successful completion of TIJC Jazz Camp: ACr (as explained below), a TIJC Jazz Camp Participation Certificate and an academic transcript showing the credits earned and grade result will be issued to the participants. The credit gained from joining TIJC Jazz Camp can be transferred depending on the related regulations of the participant's home institution. The completion of TIJC Jazz Camp (2 credit hours) in the ACr scheme requires a total of 30 hours of participation in the educational activities during the TIJC week, including:
- 12 hours of joining Jazz workshops/masterclasses during the TIJC Jazz Camp (Monday 22 to Wednesday 24 January, 2018)
- 15 hours of joining Jazz activities held in the Music Auditorium, College of Music, Mahidol University during TIJC Jazz Education Series (10:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m., Friday 26 January - Sunday 28 January, 2018)
- 3 hours of TIJC Jazz Camp Review Session. Participants must take part in and successfully pass the Review Session. The "Pass" result in the Review Session requires the participants to turn in the review paper and be fully engaged in Review Session discussion, which is to be held at Room 113, College of Music, Mahidol University. Those interested in participating in ACr scheme but not studying at the College of Music, Mahidol University, should consult their regulations and information regarding academic credits to ensure that the credit earned from TIJC Jazz Camp can be transferred to their home university/college.
2. Non-Credit Scheme (NCr): The Non-Credit Scheme is ideal for those seeking to expand their musical ability and not to gain academic credits. Upon successful completion of TIJC Jazz Camp: NCr (as explained below), a TIJC Jazz Camp Participation Certificate will be issued to the participant. The completion of TIJC Jazz Camp in the NCr scheme requires a total of 12 hours of TIJC Jazz workshop activities during the TIJC Jazz Camp (Monday 22 - Wednesday 24, January 2018)
For both schemes, it is required that participants must attend at least 80% of the classes provided. During Jazz Camp Period (Mon - Wed): For All Participants, at least ten (10) hours of participation during Mon - Wed Period is required. Failure to meet this minimum requirement will disqualify the participant from receiving the TIJC Jazz Camp Participation Certificate and, hence, will result in unsuccessful completion of the course (Grade of F) for ACr schemes. During TIJC Education Series Period (Fri - Sun): Only for ACr Scheme, at least twelve (12) hours of participation during Fri - Sun (daytime sessions in Auditorium) Period is required. Failure to meet this minimum requirement will result in unsuccessful completion of the course (Grade of F, for ACr scheme).
TIJC 2018 Jazz Camp Schedule
Buy tickets at the venue or Prince Mahidol Hall Ticket Office Tel: 02-849-6565/6, Ext. 6604, 6609
or Activity Office Tel 02-800-2530 Ext. 3117, 3109
or visit at www.thaiticketmajor.com
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Take bus number 515 (aircon) or bus 125 to Salaya
Take bus number 556 (aircon) or bus 124 to Salaya
Take bus number 388 (aircon) to Salaya
Take bus number 84kor (aircon) to Salaya
Take bus number 547 (aircon) to Salaya
(Mahidol University Training Hotel, Salaya, Nakhon Pathom)
Located on the campus of Mahidol University.
Telephone: + (66) 2441 – 0568M
Fax: + (66) 2441-0554
Located on the campus of Mahidol University.
Telephone: + (66) 2889 - 3892 # 4000, 4001
Telephone: + (66) 2444-6655, 087-544-3333
98 Moo3 Salaya-Bangpasi Rd., A.Phuthamonthon, Nakhonpathom, 73170 Thailand
Telephone: + (66) 2 429-8066
Fax: + (66) 2 429-8070
59 Moo 4 Salaya Phutthamonthon Nakhon Pathom 73170
Telephone: + (66) 2-889-3848, (0)81-911-5866
Telephone: + (66) 2 444-6699
Fax: + (66) 2 444-66490