Date(s) - 26/01/2019
Prince Mahidol Hall
Well known for bringing world-class jazz to Salaya, the Thailand International Jazz Conference has become one of the hottest tickets of the year. This year TIJC is proud to pair the Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra with Russian trumpet soloist Alex Sipiagin. Alex has performed worldwide and has recorded eleven albums to date. Join him and our own Maestro Prateep Suphanrojn as they bravely lead TPO into the world of jazz in this boundary-crossing concert.
- 26 January 2019 / 4.00 p.m. / PMH
Conductor: Prateep Suphanrojn
- Alex Sipiagin, trumpet
- Poltarayuth Tippayuth, voice
- Pomelo Town
- Darin PANTOOMKOMOL The Babysitter’s Daily Activity Report
- Matt DENNIS and Tom ADAIR Everything Happens to Me
- Suraphol SOMBATCHAROEN Fan Ja
- Traditional Thai Country: Lyrics by Pongsak CHANTHARUKHA Chom Nang
- Louis ARMSTRONG Tribute to Louis Armstrong
- Leonard BERNSTEIN and Stephen SONDHEIM Selectinos from West Side Story
- Wayne SHORTER Infant Eyes
- Cole PORTER Just One of Those Things
- Jerome KERN and Oscar HAMMERSTEIN II The Song is You
- Charles MINGUS Nostalgia in Time Square
- Vernon DUKE and Ira GERSHWIN I Can’t Get Started
- Arthur ALTMAN and Jack LAWRENCE All or Nothing At All
- Wayne SHORTER Yes or No
The Thailand International Jazz Conference (TIJC) is an annual celebration of Thailand’s love for the exciting musical genre of jazz. Every year the festival brings together an international group of guests, some of the Kingdom’s hottest jazz groups and student ensembles from around the country. The Thailand Phil is proud to participate in this important cultural event.
This year TIJC is honored to pair the Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra with Russian trumpet soloist Alex Sipiagin. Alex has performed worldwide and has recorded eleven albums to date. Sascha, as he is known in the jazz world, has been called “a wonderful lead trumpet player” by the press and routinely impresses audiences with his smooth but powerful trumpet tone.
Join him and our own Maestro Prateep Suphanrojn as they bravely lead TPO into the world of jazz in this boundary-crossing concert.
Tickets Price: 1500, 1000, 800, 600, 400 Baht
50% discount for Children and students
below the age of 25 (or currently studying in an undergraduate program)
Reservation PMH Box Office
Thaiticket Major – www.thaiticketmajor.com / Call Center 02-262-3456
PMH Box Office on TPO Concert Day
(Friday since 5.00 p.m. – 9.00 p.m. / Saturday since 2.00 p.m.- 6.00 p.m.)
Salaya Link shuttle bus available at BTS Bang Wa Station: www.music.mahidol.ac.th/salayalink