The College of music has offered scholarship programme for students who demonstrate high ability with well-behaved in order to promote and develop student’s potential every year. Moreover, there are scholarships sponsored by other external organizations. The details of scholarship types will be available in COMMAS system and website of College of Music, Mahidol University.
Internal Scholarship of College of Music, Mahidol University:
1. Merit Scholarship
Merit scholarship is awarded for one academic year for pre-college and undergraduate students in all disciplines with academic achievement or good grade as specified in the criteria.
2. Special Instruments Scholarship
This is continuation scholarship considered to award not more than two scholarships a year for pre-college and undergraduate students in all disciplines (students must select music instruments). Tuition fee will be exempted for one academic year. After complete the period of one year, the evaluation will be taken to assess whether the standard criteria are met.
3. Gold Medal Scholarship from SET Youth Musician Competition
This scholarship is awarded for one academic year. Tuition fee will be exempted for one academic year for gold medal winner of SET Youth Musician Thailand Competition and gold medal winners of this competition three years back.
4. Bursaries Scholarship
This scholarship is for pre-college and undergraduate students in all disciplines with well-behaved, good conduct, lack of financial support, and express willingness to help works and activities of the college. The college will consider case by case the appropriate students awarded for this scholarship.
5. Thaibev Thaitalent Scholarship
This scholarship is for students at all degree levels who show competence of music to promote in the following areas:
- Scholarship for potential development to international standard.
- Competition sponsorships and overseas performance support at both national and international levels.
- Sponsorships for being selected or invited from overseas performance support at both national and international levels by supporting cost of travelling, accommodation, and others expenses.
Student Loans Fund
Student Loans Fund was established to provide students financial aid for education such as tuition fee, educational costs, and other necessary living expenses during the term. Students will need to pay back the loans with low interest when they graduate. For more information, please visit www.studentloan.or.th, Student Loans Fund Tel. 02-610- 4888
Remark : You can also find the schedule of Student Loans Fund and more details in COMMAS system. For more information, please contact Student Affairs, College of Music, Mahidol University Tel. 02-800-2525-34 ext. 1129
Overseas Scholarships/Student Exchange Program
1. Erasmus Mobility Program under the collaboration between the College of Music, Mahidol University and The Academy of Music in Krakow, Poland) offers two scholarships for teaching/academic staff and student (one each). Details are as follows:
1.1 Scholarship for student for a period of 10 months during September – June with amount of grant valued 8,600 Euro
1.2 Grant for teaching/academic staff for a period of 10 days plus two day travel in two optional periods: March – May and November – May with amount of grant valued 2,780 Euro
2. Ernst Mach Grant – ASEA-UNINET (Music Grant): 2 categories; 9 months and short term (2-3 weeks) Ernst Mach Grant – ASEA-UNINET is a scholarship under a mutual agreement on Science, Technology and Arts between Thailand and Austria offering grants to Thai students, and staff of higher education and general public for training, study and research at the higher education institutions in Austria.
3. Student Exchange Program is the collaboration between the College of Music, Mahidol University, Thailand and Kunitachi College of Music, Japan in offering the opportunity for the College of Music Mahidol University’s students to enhance their knowledge and experience academically and culturally at the College of Music Mahidol University’s partner school for one academic year (two semesters/April – February). Apart from that, it is the benefit for students to be able to transfer their course credits after their study.
For both faculty and students who have interest in any categories of scholarship/grant, feel free to seek out further information at International Relations Office, Room C207, Jiew Bangsue Music Library or email us at email@example.com. This scholarship opportunity can be also found on other channels such as MS Facebook page, MS website and COMMAS.