Date(s) - 19/12/2015
“Vienna All Stars Chamber Music Competition for String Quartets and Piano Trios/ Piano Quartets”. Internal College of Music Competition. A new chamber music competition to enhance the importance and enjoyment of chamber music. Students will learn and perform masterworks by Mozart, Haydn and Beethoven.
Vienna All Stars Chamber Music Competition 2015
1. This is a Mahidol University College of Music internal competition. All players in an ensemble entering the competition must be currently enrolled
at the College of Music.
2. There are two categories:
- Category A – String Quartet (2 violins, viola, cello)
- Category B – Piano Trio (violin, cello, piano)/Piano Quartet (violin, viola, cello, piano)
3. Date, time and venue: Saturday 19. December 2015 9.00 am -2.00 pm in A113. Open to the public. Free admission.
4. Rounds: There is only one round, at the end of this round the winners will be announced.
5. Prizes: The winner of each category will receive a certificate and a high publicity concert in Bangkok in the Auditorium of the Yamaha Head Office on 6. March 2016.
There will be one prize winner in Category A (string quartet), one prize winner in Category B (piano trio or piano quartet), and a special prize for
the best overall Pre-College only ensemble (all members are Pre-College).
6. Ensembles may consist of players from different courses, e.g. Pre-college students and Undergraduate students may play together in an ensemble.
7. Multiple entries: Individual players may enter with more than one group.
- The first movement of a work by Joseph Haydn OR Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart OR Ludwig van Beethoven
- Another movement (free choice) from the same work as in 1.3. A short encore piece (free choice)
9. Committee: Aj. Kyle Anuncius (Chair), Aj. Paris Paraschoudis, Aj. Martin Grund, Aj. Rolf-Dieter Arens. Aj. Stefanie Waegner
10. Application via the application forms outside of Aj. Stefanie Waegner’s studio (A404). Application deadline: Wednesday 16.December 2015