Date(s) - 06/03/2017 - 22/07/2017
“The 5th Jean-Marie LONDEIX International Saxophone (JMLISC) Competition will be held from July 9-22, 2017 at the College of Music at Mahidol University in Bangkok, Thailand. Monsieur Jean-Marie LONDEIX, one of the world’s most distinguished concert artists will preside over the jury of esteemed musicians from around the world. The repertoire is distinct for its emphasis on the music of today’s composers and those of the recent past. Advanced saxophonists of all nationalities are welcome and encouraged to participate. The registration process is accessed from this official web site.”
1st Grand Prizes: 5,000 Euros, one saxophone and recorded concert performance with the Thailand Philharmonic Orchestra (Bangkok)
2nd Prizes: 3,500 Euros, one saxophone
3rd Prizes: 2,000 Euros, one saxophone
Special prizes may also be awarded.
Registration Conditions: All communication will be sent via email. All completed registration documents must be completed no later than April 30, 2017 ON THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE.
Registration includes the following documents:
1. Registration form (www.music.mahidol.ac.th/jmlisc) fully completed implies accepting the rules of the competition
2. A photocopy of passport or official Identity card,
3. A curriculum vitae written in French or English (maximum two typed pages) mentioning the music institutions attended, names of principal teachers, awards obtained, and professional positions held,
4. Two original recommendation letters (from recognized musicians) written specifically for entry to this competition,
5. A recent passport or identity photograph, uploaded to the website with the registration form. The resolution of the image file must be print quality and formatted in .JPEG or .GIF. The file is limited to less than 2 megabyte.
6. A list of chosen works for the program in performance order for each part or movement, with exact duration noted.
7. Proof of payment or a document attesting the payment of the registration fee according to the means indicated in Article 13 (see below).
Incomplete registrations will not be considered.
The organizing committee of the competition is authorized to admit candidates to the competition only upon receipt of complete applications. Candidates will be informed of their acceptance into the competition beginning on May 20, 2017 Candidates who do not receive confirmation before May 21, 2017 are advised to contact the organizer through e-mail to the Artistic Director, Shyen Lee: email@example.com