Date(s) - 31/10/2019 - 18/12/2019
TIJC Solo Competition is categorized into two divisions.
– Open Division (Type A): The competition is open to all age, all nationality.
– Junior Division (Type B): Competitor must be under 22 years of age with a birth year not before the year 1998. Competitor can be of any nationality.
– Junior Division (Type B) Competitor can also apply for Open Division (Type A).
– Competitor can apply for more than one instrument.
– TIJC Competition is opened only for instruments capable of creating melody (i.e. Instruments with musical pitches).
2. Registration Fee
– Open Division (Type A): 800 Baht / Instrument
– Junior Division (Type B): 500 Baht / Instrument
– Competitor who applies in two divisions (Type A and Type B) must pay registration fee for both divisions
3. Audition / Performance Procedures:
The competition consists of two rounds.
a. Recording Audition Round
– Competitors must submit a live recording of his / her performance of two jazz songs one swing and one non swing (ballad or latin).
– Each song submitted for Audition must at least consist of Head in, Solo, and Head out. Total length of the sound recordings must be no longer than 15 minutes.
Recordings of each song must be of the complete live performance and not edited in any way. Recorded songs must be accompanied by at least one instrument. – Applicant must attest that the submitted sound recording is of the applicant’s performance and that the songs have not been edited in any way. Submission of a recording of any other player or an edited recording will result in immediate disqualification.
b. Final Round
In the final round, each competitor is required to perform one song. The performed song will be randomly drawn on stage before the song performance. Lists of the final round songs for each type will be announced later
The time limit for each competitor is 10 minutes. This includes stage entrance, song drawing, instrument setup / tuning (if any), song performance (one song) stage exit, and all other activities on stage. Competitor is not allowed to read music while performing.
• Open Division (Type A): Best Soloist – Certification and 100,000 Baht.
• Junior Division (Type B): Best Soloist – Certification and 50,000 Baht.
All finalists will receive certification, adjudicator comment and CD recording of his / her performance in the final round.
5. General & Rules
a) By entering this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final. The decisions of adjudicators will be final in determining any disputes or disagreements concerning this Competition.
b) TIJC reserves the right to record, film, televise or broadcast the Competition. Rights in any competition performance, recording, films belong to Thailand International Jazz Conference and no fees are payable to contestants on account of these performances or any recording or broadcasts thereof.
c) Entry constitutes permission for TIJC to use
(i) the name, likeness, photograph, voice, performance and biographical data of the entrant, if applicable
(ii) the entrant’s material, including without limitation the performance, musical composition, lyric and/or sound recording contained therein, including the title of the song
(iii) recording of the performance by entrant, if applicable, at the live concert, in perpetuity, / for purposes of advertising promoting and publicizing the Competition and TIJC’s product and services, with our further compensation, approval or notice, unless prohibited by law.
Applicants will need to send:
1) A Youtube link** recording of their solo performance
**Please label the video link as follow: TIJCsolocompetition2020_NAME of the contestant_TITLE of the song
2) A completed application form in English.
3) One digital photograph not less than 100 dpi. File Size of 1 Mbps.
Note – The submitted photos can be freestyle as the pictures will be used for your personal profile in the Website. Please also ensure that the submit- ted photos are of decent manner, good quality as they will be further processed for printing and publishing purposes.
4) Photocopy of all relevant pages of their passport or a birth certificate or ID.
5) Typed copy of biography/personal profile (in English, not longer than 7 lines of A4’s paper)
6) A non-refundable application fee (not include money transfer). Payment should be made by bank transfer to the following bank account:
Account Name: College of Music
Name of Bank : The Siam Commercial Bank PCL.
Saving Account No. 333-2-10822-1
Branch: SCB Branch Mahidol University
Address: Mahidol University, 25/25 Salaya Phuttamonthon,
Nakhon Pathom 73170 THAILAND
Bank Tel. +66 2 441 9134-7
The Swift Code is : SICOTHBK
*The receipt issued by the bank executing the transfer should be sent together with other documents.
All documents and recordings must be sent to the Email: email@example.com
Deadlines: 18th December 2019
Thailand International Jazz Conference Solo Competition 2020
College of Music, Mahidol University
25/25 Phuttamonthon Sai 4 Salaya Phuttamonthon
Nakhon Pathom 73170 Thailand
Tel: (+66)2-800-2525 #3117