THE MUSIC THEATRE PROGRAM at Mahidol University is the first of its kind in Thailand. It is becoming recognized for its "triple-threat" approach to training, preparing its graduates to pursue careers as performers and creative artists in every facet of the entertainment industry.
Musical Theatre training at Mahidol University includes:
- Vocal training with private voice lessons to build healthy vocal technique to sing in varied musical styles and vocal coaching which integrates voice and acting skills in the interpretation of the musical theatre song
- Acting training which introduces students to many philosophies, techniques and styles of stage acting. Seminars are offered on special topics such as cabaret techniques, audition skills, stagecraft, costumes and stage make-up.
- Dance training in ballet, jazz, tap, modern and opportunities to choreograph for the musical stage.
- Showcases are performed in the final semester of study. This project allows students to display their skills acquired in singing, acting, and dancing courses during their tenure at Mahidol University.
- Productions, produced year round, include at least one fully-staged musical, a concert-version performance of a classic musical, student recitals and concert tours. Performance venues range from Mahidol University’s three performance facilities to out-of-town theatres and concert halls.
November 19, 2014
"MAGIC TO DO"